Gmail which the www.gmail.com is one of the top most popular email service provider today. It is not a are you trying to register for the Gmail account, finding it difficult to assess your Gmail account, login Gmail account or even want to send a mail to an email account? Hmmm! Dear reader you don’t need to worry as I am going to show you in the publication how you can sign up Gmail, login Gmail and as well send mail too… all I just need from you is to take your time and read through the lines of this post to see the step by step guide here and it will definitely work for you.
As we all know it is because of the popularity of this email service provider which is owned by Google and its reliability is why people flocks in to this service. This comprehensive sign up guide will help you find out how you can actually and successfully create your own Gmail account within minutes right here on JOBTECH.
In addition, the new Google mail homepage or dashboard looks so beautiful and attractive to operate and understand. From the new Gmail upgraded website, users can do multiple task in one account. New Gmail account now comes with a 15GB of free storage across Gmail, Google Drive and Google+ Photos, you won’t need to delete emails to save space.
REQUIREMENTS TO OWN A GMAIL ACCOUNT
Before thinking of creating a Gmail account you have to put mandatory factors into consideration so as to help you archive the aim of owning an email account with gmail.com. Below are the mandatory things you need to put in place before you begin.
1. A personal computer or a smartphone
2. An installed browser e.g. Google chrome browser on either the PC or smartphone
3. An enable internet access on either the personal computer or smart phone
4. A working phone number.
Gmail Registration / Gmail Sign up Guidelines
To be candid be candid, the Gmail sign up process only takes couple of minutes and you are done with the Gmail registration. This in turn implies that you be a legitimate owner of a Gmail account in a few minutes! Please have it at the back of your mind that you must own a working phone number in which it will be used for the verification of your account while creating the Gmail account as a verification code will be sent to you instantly to the phone number you have provided. In either case, it is not necessarily mean it must be linked to your account though.
- Firstly, you can start the entire process by launching a new tab in the browser and accessing the Google website via https://gmail.com.
- On the homepage of Google sign in page, click on the “create account” button – which is most time located at the bottom. Then while on your smartphone, can also be located at the base just after the username and password
- After which it will land you on the sign up page where you will be required to fill your first name, second name, your preferred email address which is your username and as well your date of birth.
- Provide a reliable password for your account (type it in both fields) and click on the “Next” button.
- On the next page it will land you, you will be required to input your phone number which will be used for verification of your account. Please make sure you select your preferred country in which you are creating the account. After you are done, click on the “Next” button.
- Immediately after which you click the next button, you will get an SMS 6 digit code alert onto your mobile phone number that you provided. Type that 6-digit code in the box field provided and then click on the “Verify” button.
- Right after that, you will be able to finalize the application form. At that point, you can remove your phone number in the first field (in case you don’t want to link it to your Gmail account). Provide your birthdate and gender. Then, click on the “Next” button.
- At the bottom, you will notice that the “I Agree” button will appear – click on that button.
Now, you have just created a Gmail account. You can click on the “Gmail” text button and access your inbox right away where you will receive a welcome greetings.
How to Compose a mail on Gmail account
After creating your Google email account, and then login successfully, you will see a “RED” link “COMPOSE” located at the left hand side of your account dashboard then click on it. The new Gmail Compose form now opens. The following tabs is what you see which are listed below
- “Recipients” that is to whom are you sending the email message to? You are required to enter the recipients email address (not the name) unless you already have the email contact store in your email, then you can enter the name of the person and the email address will appear.
- The other is “Subject”. What is the content of the message? This will make the recipients ready your message fast.
- The last is the body of the message, there is a large box to type in what you want. If you know how to use the Microsoft word keys and icons then you must have known about the “B”, “U” and underline, etc. all of this tools helps you to compose a good mail.
How to Link Mobile Phone to Your Account
Linking your phone number to your email address will actually help you to improve the security of your account. It will also help you if you accidentally lose access to your account, as
- Login to your account. If you have just signed up for Gmail, it is likely that the system will offer you to improve the security of your account (if not, use the guidelines from the section below, but choose “Mobile Phone” instead “Email Address”). At that point, click on the “Update” button.
- Select your country and type your phone number on the next page. Then, click on the “NEXT” button.
- You will get to see a pop-up window – click on the “OK” text button in it.
- After that, you will receive a 6-digit confirmation code on your mobile phone number. Type it in the provided field and click on “NEXT.”
- Following it, you will get to see the page with a notification, saying that you have just linked your phone number to your Gmail account. From that moment on, you will be able to use the phone number for recovering your account, as well as to enable a 2-step verification feature.
How to Link a Secondary Email Address to Your Account
Alternatively, if you are worried about your privacy in linking your phone number you can link it to another email address. This will allow you to recover your account incase anything go wrong.
- Click on the “Settings” button – which you can find it in a form of a cogwheel in the right part of the page.
- On the page of your Gmail account’s settings, you must go to the “Accounts and Import” section.
- Then, click on “Change password recovery options” next to the “Change account settings” field.
- Next click on the “recovery email.”
- Next confirm your identity. By imputing your password in the provided field and click on the “Next” button
I do hope this information finds you well? if so please do you ensure to use the comment box below to share your views and complains…..don’t also forget that we will always appreciate if you share this information with your friends on social media ;like whats app, Facebook and Instagram by simply clicking any of the sharing button below to share think you..