Are you good to go in taking break from Gmail Account? If you are set to drop Google’s email service, you need to permanently delete your Gmail account… and this publication today I am going to show you how to do that with ease successfully on here.
Yes of truth and well known that the Gmail is one of the most popular email service in the whole wide world, having millions of consumers and as well companies using it to communicate with others. What about if Gmail is no longer working for you?, probably you are no longer impressed by its features anymore and you want a different email serviced or app, or it could also be that you want to bring limitation of Google’s into your digital life….then erasing or deleting your email account, is the only way you attain such accomplishment.
To be frank with you, deleting your Gmail account is not as simple as clicking on a menu and then hit the delete button and get all your data erased. Rather you will need to find your way around Google’s service and then navigate several menus to find the ultimate delete option. Though it is not necessary a heavy task anyway, but you will need to follow several steps to get rid of Gmail.
Deleting a Gmail account is a permanent act for life. After going through these process, all of your Gmail messages, addresses and account settings will be erased as you never be able to gain access to it again in sending and receiving mail. And the address can never be available for use to anyone else in the future.
However, erasing a Gmail account do not mean that the entire Google Account has been deleted. the email address could still be associated with having access to all other Google Account services, such as :
- Google Drive
- your calendar
- Google Play and more
Gmail will ask that you provide an alternate email address to use to sign into the Google Account in the future.
Today, there are various step in deleting the Gmail account, but it is surprisingly quick process. Most times, when you make an attempt to delete your account, organizations will tend to ask you several times if you really want to delete the account, they may sometimes had to force you to login and sign in account severally. But for Gmail, it is a clicky process.
How to Delete Your Gmail Account
The below steps will guide you through the process of saying goodbye to Google’s email service once and for all.
- 1. Sign into your Gmail account on Google.com or you can follow this process to do that here
- 2. Click the icon located at the upper right-hand corner and then select “Account.”
- 3. Under the “Account preferences” section click “Delete your account or services.”
- 4. Select “Delete products.”
- 5. You will be asked to enter your password please Enter your password.
- 6. This is OPTIONAL: you can Click “Download Data” to help you save any important information from being permanently erased from the Google service.
- 7. Click the trash can icon next to “Gmail.”
- 8. Enter an alternate email address (cannot be same Gmail service address).
Make sure to use an email address you have access to; you will need it to continue deleting your account.
- 9. Click “Send Verification Email.”
- 10. Open the email from Google you should have received with your alternate email.
- 11. Follow the deletion link in the message.
- 12. If prompted, log into the Gmail account you want to delete.
- 13. Select “Yes, I want to delete (example)@gmail.com.”
- 14. Click “Delete Gmail.” Then, click “Done.”
According to what Google said in regards to GOOGLE ACCOUNT HELP, if you use your Gmail account through your work, school, or other group in which they are your administrators, you have to contact the administrator of the account because they can do final deletion on your account.
It does not take Google long period of time to actually delete your information after which you have made request on that. If by chance during the course of the above request you change your mind, then there is a chance you can recover your Gmail address and emails back.
How to delete a Google Account
If you want to delete or erase your entire google account, there is another step to follow which i have provided for you below..
- 1. Follow steps 1-3 above.
- 2. Click “Delete Google Account and data.”
- 3. Enter your password.
- 4. OPTIONAL: Click “download your data” to save any important information from being permanently erased.
- 5.Check both boxes and click “Delete Account.”
Deleting an entire Google Account means that the content in your Google Drive, Google Calendar and Google Photos accounts will be lost and you will no longer have access to them again.
I hope this publication finds you well, if yes is your answer please kindly use the comment box below to share your views and comment.
Don’t forget that we will appreciate the fact of you sharing this publication with your friends and loved once over on social media by simply using any of the social media shearing button like facebook, twitter, linkedin, whatsapp, instagram and redit to share. THANK YOU!!