Blocking or unfriending someone on Facebook can be an effective way of protecting oneself from any form of toxic and harmful individuals, it could also be as a result of harassments or probably, people you just don’t want to communicate with anymore. So because of this, I have decided to write this article to give you a proper guidelines according to Facebook help to help you block a Facebook user and at the same time, what you need to know about this entire process if you are good to go.
Yes of course it happen every now and then. From been a tight friends can turned sour and then prolong into an annoying ex, these leads to a lot of persons in your facebook contact list whom which you want to do away with to disallow them from seeing your activities on FB. Doing this requires a logic tactics which involves blocking or unfriending a facebuk friend that is fallen out of your favor can be quite simple. Use this guide to prevent unwelcome nosey parkers from snooping on your profile.
How To Block Someone on Facebook via Computer
- Open your preferred internet browser on your computer or smartphone and go to the official Facebook website. Alternatively, you may also open the Facebook app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Navigate to the Facebook profile of the person you wish to block. An easy way to do this is by searching for their name in the search bar at the top of the Facebook website and facebook app.
- Once on the person’s profile page, click on the ellipsis (three dots) next to the Message button.
- A menu with a list of options will pop up. Click on Block.
- You will be given the option to either cancel your block or continue with it. To confirm your block request, tap on Block once again. That person will now be blocked.
How To Block Someone on FB via Mobile Device
- Open the official Facebook app on any iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. If you haven’t already, make sure to log in.
- Tap on the search bar at the top of the app and type in the name of the person you wish to block. Find the correct account in the search results and tap on them.
- On the user’s Facebook profile, find the three menu items under their profile picture and click on the ellipsis icon with the word More underneath it.
- A menu will pop up with a list of options. Click on Block.
- The app will ask you to confirm your request. Click on Block once more to block the individual.
What Does Blocking Someone on Facebook Do?
Unfriending and blocking someone on Facebook helpfully prevent any unwanted or unwelcome buddies from communicating with you and also seeing any of your content and in return hiding all of their content from you as well. Blocked persons or user will have the inability to carry some activities out like poking you, inviting you to an event or liking a page, sending you a direct messages or viewing your profile details, these he or she can never be privileged of.
Who Can I Block on Facebook?
Anybody can blocked on Facebook and also, anyone can as well block any other Facebook user be it they are friend, family member, or a total stranger. You can block a FB users who are your Facebook friend, those who may be following your public posts, or even those who aren’t connected to you at all.
Why Do People Block Others on FB?
There are no specific reason why FB user block other people using the network on social network. But we have got some of the more common motivators that causes it. And these are as follows:
THIS MIGHT INTEREST YOU>>>How To Shop Safely On Black Friday | Online shopping Tips
- Stalking is unfortunately very much a reality for some FB users and blocking those involved is an efficient way of preventing them from seeing your content and sending you private messages.
- Harassment and bullying can also be a problem for some Facebook users and blocking can be an effective tool for offering the victim some protection.
- A real-world, offline, falling-out between a friend or family member can often result in an individual being unfriended on FB. As an unfriended user can still see public Facebook posts and send you direct messages, a major deterioration of a relationship can also result in a block so as to prevent all potential future interactions with the person.
Does Blocked FB Users Know They are Blocked?
No who one who is ever blocked by a user receives a notification or message telling him or her they have been blocked. They only proven way in which they can detect that somehow they have been block by anyone is when they hover to your Facebook profile by chance, and they could not find your profile displaying as used or supposed to be, and noticing that they no longer see any of your posted content or pictures and as well unable to send you friend request or write you a direct message via FB messenger.
For people who don’t think to visit your Facebook profile, it can literally take them years to realize that you’ve blocked them.
Can I Unblock People on Facebook?
Yes of Couse you can unblock people you have blocked on Facebook this could be as a result of you to have changed your mind about someone or persons that has been blocked. You can do this unblocking process by viewing all your Facebook block list via the website Facebook settings or app and tapping Unblock next to their name.
It’s important to note though that while the person involved will not be notified of the blocking and unblocking if you want to be Facebook friends again, you will need to send them a new friend request from their profile which they will have to manually approve.
I hope this publication was helpful to you well..? Please kindly use the comment box below to share your views…..
Please don’t also forget to use any of the social media network sharing button to sharing this publication with your friends and loved once on Facebook, twitter, instagram, whatsapp and many others no listed here…. THANK YOU